sábado, 25 de abril de 2015

Protecting Our Kids' Health – With Help From a Furry Friend

Dept. of Health & Human Services
Apr 24, 2015
By: Sylvia Mathews Burwell, HHS Secretary
As parents and caregivers, we all feel a deep sense of responsibility toward our children. The first time I held my daughter and son, I knew I wanted to do everything I could to give them a healthy start in life. As they began to crawl, walk and play outside, I realized I couldn’t always stop them from getting scraped knees or stuffy noses. We know some risks are inevitable, but there is something every parent can do to protect their kids from getting some serious diseases. Just by getting my children their routine immunizations, I knew I could help them stay healthy in a big way, and in turn, help protect my community.
This week, communities across the country have been commemorating National Infant Immunization Week. Every year, we highlight the importance of protecting infants from vaccine-preventable diseases and celebrate the positive impact immunizations have on the health of our children, families and communities.
Secretary Burwell and Elmo
READ MORE: Protecting Our Kids' Health – With Help From a Furry Friend
Share on Facebook

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario